0333 366 0077
23a Wigan Road, Ashton-in-Makerfield, Wigan, Greater Manchester, WN4 9AR
B2B Support It provides IT solutions all under the same roof. Don't scatter your IT requirements throughout various companies, have one go-to company for IT services & support.
Monday - Friday
9:00am to 5:30pm
As the Internet world develops, the business world is faced by serious hacking threats from unknown sources. The year 2017 has been a busy year for attackers and security providers.
Online criminals trying to access business emails for crucial information have compromised billions of Yahoo and Google email accounts. The USA is still grappling with the shocking revelations that some of the Russian hackers breached the National Congress parties e-mail address and leaked crucial information that went viral during the presidential campaigns.
With most businesses embracing cloud computing, the biggest questions that arise is, can they have a credible security to prevent these kinds of high-tech Cyber attacks? How safe are their websites?
What is cloud security?
Cloud security technology is a pack of set regulations and policies established or designed to help in the protection of information, data, and compliance by the users in the cloud computing. Any information or data stored in the cloud are protected by this security. Cloud computing security brings a number of network controls in order to maintain continuity and the required protections for the cloud based websites and applications.
When businesses are moving to keep their information in the cloud, cloud security becomes an issue.
What are the advantages and the disadvantages of cloud security?
The advantages include:
- They provide a DDoS protection. Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks are on the rise, and it is the worst attack ever to be experienced since it clogs the website and denies the authorised user access. CDNetworks, associated with cloud security, blocks such attacks.
- They are always on alert and do not switch off. They are highly available and protects the website, 24/7.
- It has certain security protocols that protect your information and data saved in the clouds.
The disadvantages are:
- Downtime. Accessing your cloud storage can fail like any other hardware since it is based on your internet connections, hence cannot be immune to outages.
- By allowing remote access, your privacy and security are at risk. Someone can steal your login credentials via a device you used.
- The hosting infrastructure of the cloud security doesn’t give enough control to their users.
Will cloud security help my business?
There is absolutely no doubt about that. With the protection it provides to your information and data, your company is safe from any kind of cyber attacks. Your business should not miss the many opportunities online just because of security worry.
What are my cloud security options?
With advancement in hacking, cloud security is the best option that is available, but do demystify its advantages, ensure you have
firewalls for the public cloud servers and ensure you encrypt your data in the external hard drives. Do not let the opportunity pass your business; Cloud security is the real deal and it is provided as a premier service by B2B Smarter to help you to protect your company data.